The growth in coaching and establishing a culture of workplace mentoring has increased +250% in the last 2 years. It has recently been reported that the benefits to a company of implementing coaches within their workplace outweigh the initial financial cost by up to 5 times due to job satisfaction improvement, output and employee retention.
Coaching describes the process of one individual coaching and supporting another in their journey of self-actualisation, growth and achieving personal or professional goals. This is achieved through effective two-way communication to help the Coachee identify areas for improvement. Goals are usually set out and specific time frames established to help Coachees stay on track and help them succeed. Coachees are encouraged to find solutions to problems independently with their Coach on side to encourage and support them throughout their coaching journey.
Key Benefits of Coaching
· Establish and take action towards achieving goals in taking ownership of personal development
· Become more self-reliant in being able to find solutions independently
· Increased life and job satisfaction
· Effective method of building confidence and the ability to be able to converse more effectively with peers
· Contribute more efficiently to the team and the organisation. This works both ways for both the coach and the Coachee in achieving goals and also supporting others to be able to do so
Take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and allows the Coachee to put a plan in place to ensure goals can be achieved.
“Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player. We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” – Bill Gates
The Coaching Link
If you would like to get involved in the coaching process, whether that be as a Coach or a Coachee, then we would love to hear from you! Here at National EPA, we have introduced a method of being able to link practicing Coaches with Coachees to help develop coaching techniques and improve their skills. This is a great way for individuals to be able to connect and coach different people from outside their organisation when they may not usually have the opportunity to do so. Registering for The Coaching Link is simple and easy, sign up using the link below and for the one-off fee of £10, we ‘link’ you with a volunteer Coachee. Please note, if you wish to register solely as a volunteer Coachee, this is totally free!
1. Complete the Coaching Link registration form using the link below
2. National EPA will send the Coach details of the Coachee within 1 month of the available start date
3. The Coach will carry out contracting with the Coachee, this includes agreeing the scheduling of sessions
4. Both Coach and Coachee will attend sessions as agreed
5. Once sessions are complete, the Coachee will offer feedback to the Coach
To read more about The Coaching Link and how to get started, please follow the link below: https://www.nqual.co.uk/the-coaching-link
How has coaching worked for you? We would love to hear about your coaching success stories. Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org